Tuesday 29 May 2012

Day 4

Diet Diary Day 4

Good Morning Lovely Readers




Weight loss today: 1lb

Weight loss to date (3 days): 8lbs 



So far so good. The only difficulty for me has been the feeling of not being full which I am not used to - how unhealthy is that? I felt a bit grumpy on day 2 and think I was hungry - I say think because it is so long since I have felt real hunger that I don't recognise it. Yesterday I felt fine. Achieved quite a lot in the house. Mr Thrifty felt tired in the morning but got better as the day progressed. I feel a bit more alert, definitely, and this can only be good. We are definitely not starving. The diet allows you to eat plenty of food - there is no counting of calories or portions. The only exception to this during phase 1 is the 50 gram brown rice allowance daily (can be swapped for oats or quinoa).

Menu Day 4 (phase 1)
Breakfast - scrambled eggs and  natural yoghurt
Snack - natural yoghurt with cherry tomatoes and cucumber sticks
Lunch - sardine salad
Dinner - butternut squash curry with lettuce and yogurt

Are you joining in yet?
How are you doing?

Love Mrs Thrifty
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Wow...your weight loss is fantastic.

    To make you feel more 'full' eat more protein, as you like meat this could be chicken slices etc for a mid morning snack before your yogurt or something similar, make sure your main meal portion sizes are large enough too. You should never feel hungry on this diet, even just before meal times you should only just feel 'ready' for food, never really hungry.

    You are doing amazingly well. I felt really tired yesterday, LH had his 'tired' day on Saturday, but if you just take it easy the vitality comes back.

    Just about to post my final Phase 1 results on the Blog. Today we start Phase 2, which will suit me much better as I do tend to base a lot of my meals on cheeses being a cheese loving vegetarian :-)

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue, I am looking forward to phase 2. I miss a cup of tea (redbush) with milk. We are normally vegetarian although we decided to eat fish for this phase at least because the vegetarian option was so restricted, so no meat I'm afraid. I do admire you doing it the vegetarian way. Look forward to following your phase 2 experiences xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops....sorry I mixed you up with Woozy, she does eat meat. Fish is not as easy to nibble on during the day!!

    I've just had my first cup of coffee, I thought I would relish it, but no it was just 'okay'......WOW that's amazing coming from me.

    Have a good day today, and well done of chucking that chocolate away. We have a glass of red wine each for tonight and a couple of squares of dark chocolate to celebrate how good we've been :-)

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm I will enjoy them vicariously xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I'm the meat eater! 8lbs is incredible Mrs T, huuuge congratulations.

    Can't say as I've felt hungry, in fact quite the opposite, stuffed actually. Maybe you just need to eat bigger portions (and maybe I'm eating too much!!!).

    ReplyDelete