Sunday 27 May 2012

Diet Dairy - Day 2

Good Afternoon Lovely Readers 


Well it's only day 2 and I have had 47 hits and 3 followers - hurrah... I am not talking to myself. So far so good. Sue from Our New Life in the Country is blogging her Harcombe Diet Diary here http://thehowlowcanyougofooddiary.blogspot.co.uk/ -  she couldn't leave a comment and I am hoping that I have fixed this. If you are trying to comment and can't, please leave me a comment over at my other blog and I'll try to sort it.




I got on the scales this morning and was DELIGHTED to discover that I had lost 5lbs in one day. The diet's author talks a lot about the effects of processed foods and particularly refined carbohydrates (which can force the body to store excess water) and has observed amazing weight loss in phase 1 of the diet, which lasts just 5 days. I know I store a lot of water because I suffer from bloating and when I went on one of these 'fat camps' I lost a huge amount of weight in a week (which I managed to put back on reasonably quickly). 


Mr Thrifty is suffering; he feels tired and achy. He doesn't feel hungry though - but then again he never does. They do say that thin people don't really think about food. I am fine physically but I want to eat ... this is 100% habit. I should have been a cow because I happily graze all day long. As a child we didn't snack in my family. We ate 3 meals a day. When I went off to uni that all changed! There is no sugar of any kind on the diet for the first 5 days (phase 1) and that includes all fruits. This encourages flushing of the system, but it is hard.


Meals Day 2 (phase 1) 
Breakfast - poached eggs on spinach
Snack - natural yoghurt
Lunch - sardine salad
snack - cherry tomatoes and natural yoghurt
Dinner - Butternut squash curry and brown rice






We are eating fish on this diet which we don't normally do because otherwise the choice is so limited. Sue is managing brilliantly without eating fish though, so you don't have to. If you are a meat eater there is an even wider choice available to you. 


If you need to lose weight, why not join in? As I said yesterday... all you (or I) have to lose is weight!


Back later

Love Mrs Thrifty
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Haha....we are having the same tea tonight....SNAP!!

    I didn't have a Butternut Squash though so ours is made with homegrown Pumpkin, and Alan is having a couple of Lamb Steaks with his. I've followed the recipe to the letter apart from that, so I'm hoping for a good result, let me know how yours turns out.

    Well done on your fantastic weight loss, a brilliant start to the diet.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised at your first weight loss, this diet is extremely low in calories. The first weeks loss is always the most. A word of warning - after the first week the recommended weekly loss on a diet is 2 lbs. Anything more than that means you could be losing muscle rather than fat, remember the heart is a muscle too!
    I'd also be concerned that you're not getting all the vitamins and minerals you should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your concern and I understand your qualms. The author does suggest taking a good multi-vitamin and mineral supplement daily and this phase of diet does only last 5 days. You can then introduce unrefined carbohydrates and fruit. The only thing that is cut out is the rubbish and that has to be good. I don't expect to lose at this rate after this week. xx

      Delete