Wednesday 30 May 2012

Nearly there

Good Morning Lovely Readers


This is our last day on phase 1 of the Harcombe Diet and I confess I am looking forward to having a wider range of foods to choose from. Sue has given a wonderful explanation of the diet on her blog, so I won't repeat it here. 


Weight loss today: 1lb
Weight loss to date: 9lbs


Menu Day 4 (phase 1)
Breakfast - poached eggs on spinach (eggs Florentine)
Snack - natural yoghurt with cherry tomatoes and cucumber sticks
Lunch - salad nicoise 
Dinner - Mediterranean roasted vegetables and fish Provençal 


The strange thing is I haven't really missed other foods. Mr Thrifty and I love a piece of cake with a cup of tea in the afternoon and I think we have missed the social aspects of food more than the actual food itself. The trouble is we got into the habit of having it every day, with maybe a biscuit or two. I also over-eat on chocolate. I think I self-medicate with it - it is my drug of choice. What I do notice, is that when I don't consume chocolate, I am calmer.


Let me know how you are doing if you have joined us...


Have a wonderful day
Love Mrs Thrifty
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant weight loss, and I must say your food sounds very posh, could almost be on the page of a restaurant menu!

    I've just found a brilliant side effect to my weight loss and change of diet I'll be Blogging about it later.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I think I just give it the posh names Sue! Intrigued to know what the 'side effect' is. Going to buy some really good chocolate today, ready for tomorrow evening, but I am not missing chocolate which is quite bizarre. I feel light, in a really healthy way. xx

      Delete
  2. Well done you! Gosh I find it difficult cooking and dieting but with the summer coming and a bikini coming soon..
    You must be proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Mrs T......amazing how often eating is just out of habit and not because we're actually hungry!

    Regards, Sooze xx

    ReplyDelete