Thursday 31 May 2012

11lbs in 5 days

Good Morning Lovely Readers

We are there at last - it's phase 2 time. Hurrah!

Weight loss today: 2lbs


Total weight loss for phase 1: 11lbs

It wasn't so bad you know and we both definitely feel healthier.  I am really thrilled with this weight loss.  I am glad we managed phase 1. It was encouraging watching Sue's progress and thinking that she and LH had done it, so we could too. I really enjoy that on-line support. Yesterday was the first day that we had both felt quite hungry but we really didn't fancy yet one more pot of natural yoghurt. I went to bed around 10pm because I thought if I didn't I was going to eat and I know MrThrifty might well. Since he really doesn't need to lose any weight and was doing this diet for health, I did tell him to eat of he was hungry. I found it quite hard to get to sleep, very unlike me, in fact I was almost a bit hyper.  Seems to have passes this morning though. Anyway, here are today's menus:

Meals  Day 1  (phase 2)
Breakfast: oat bran porridge + natural yogurt + blueberries (yum)
Lunch: feta + olive salad
Dinner: Aubergine boats + side salad
small portion of 85% dark chocolate
Snacks: if needed - natural yoghurt + raspberries/apple

I bought the 85% cocoa bar yesterday!

I know a few of you are watching this blog with interest. I would encourage you to give this diet a try. It isn't that hard and that is coming from a self-confessed food addict.; a serial grazer. I am far too embarrassed to share my weight with you at this time, but I will as it becomes more respectable. I will tell you, however, that I had just gone into size 22 clothing (ouch) and now my size 20s are feeling loose on me .... wonderful. I am delighted with that. More importantly, my BMI has gone down by 1.6 points. As an aside, #3 told me yesterday that he was thrilled because he had put on a whole stone last term at uni taking his BMI just into the normal range. He has been trying to gain weight for a long time and maybe he has stopped going up in height now, so can expand a little. He does look better for it - the kids all seem to have their father's metabolism!

Anyway, it's off to school for me. Two more days!

Let me know how you are doing.

Enjoy your day
Love Mrs Thrifty
xxx

3 comments:

  1. That is just brilliant Mrs T, very well done! You must be so chuffed.

    How strange it seems that some people actually have trouble putting ON weight, I can't imagine that at all!

    As for revealing weight (or rather, not) I don't blame you, I wouldn't either! But going on clothes size, I reckon you and I must be similar.

    I'm reading yours and Sue's Phase 2 meals with interest - I'll be there on Saturday!

    Enjoy your chocolate, you deserve it.

    Regards, Sooze xx

    Oh PS, I commented on Sue's blog that I'd like to add you to mine but I don't know how....I'm a novice at this blogging thing, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, 11lbs is an immense achievement.

    I didn't think to put dress sizes, but then I WAS brave enough to put measurements :-). For information I am a size 16 at the moment, everything was getting tight on me, but now everything is much more comfortable. I want to end up a size 12/14 if possible, but I'll know when I feel right.

    I was going to put pictures of our chocolate stash on my Blog today, good job I didn't people would have thought it was THE Chocolate Diet...lol!

    My eldest son struggles to keep his weight up, he needs to be at least 11.5 st to look healthily slim, but he hovers around 11st looking slightly skinny, it really frustrates him, he's permanantly swigging protein shakes between meals just to stay there. Oh I would give ANYTHING to swap metabolisms with him.

    Sooze I'll email you with adding a Blog List info.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies - a good day today and I had a cup of redbush with a splash of milk - only thing I have really missed. Sounds like you are doing so well Sooze - keep going - nearly there! Bizarre isn't it that some people have trouble gaining weight - #3 eats and eats and eats but he is 6'6" and has finally gone up to 11 stone 7lbs which is over a stone more than he was for ages. He does look better for it. #4 is already 6'7" and also looks like a tree! Sue, I guess that is where I would like to end up too - sounds like a good goal. hope you both have had a good day today xx

    ReplyDelete