Wednesday 27 June 2012

5lbs - 2 days

Good Morning Lovely Readers


I have now lost 5lbs in 2 days - actually I have also lost 0.2 of a pound (my scales are digital) but I will save that towards tomorrows lost to keep in round pounds. So again I say, if you follow the rules, this diet works. How are you doing? I would love to hear, so do leave me a little comment to let me know your progress.




New to the Harcombe Diet? Here are the rules for Phase 1

Rules for Phase 1
● Unless specified, eat as much as you like so that you don't start to feel hungry.
● You're allowed to eat unlimited unprocessed meat, fish, eggs, salads and vegetables, apart from potatoes and mushrooms. Mushrooms feed Candida albicans, while potatoes are very high in carbohydrate so they encourage Candida albicans and hypoglycaemia. Olives and tomatoes are also allowed, as is olive oil for cooking and dressings.
● You can have 50g brown rice or rice pasta per day or 75g porridge oats.
● No caffeine is allowed. But you should drink about 1.5 litres of water, herbal tea, decaffeinated tea or coffee (without milk) a day.
● And no sweeteners or sugar-free drinks - they can stimulate the insulin mechanism in a similar way to sugar and just perpetuate your desire for sweet things.
● Unless specified, all foods can be cooked in any way - roasted, fried, grilled, baked, poached etc.
● You can snack between meals on vegetable crudités or natural live yoghurt, but try and get used to eating just three big main meals a day so your body has time to digest them properly. Make meals as regular as possible so your body feels no need to store food.
● If you're following the fixed plan, you can switch around any of the meals - as long as you're only having one meal a day with rice, rice pasta or porridge oats.


Have a wonderful day - I am off to Norwich to find out about laser eye surgery ...ooohhh scary!

Love Mrs Thrifty
xxx


Day 3
75g porridge oats with water + natural yoghurt
Egg salad (packed to go)
natural live yoghurt 
Grilled sardines + a large salad

2 comments:

  1. Laser eye surgery is the BEST!!

    I had it done about four years ago and have never regretted it. I wore glasses from being about 13 until I was 48, I wish I had been able to afford it sooner. It was expensive, I had to go for the 'best' option as I drive at night a lot, but I have never regretted it.

    I guess my only regret was not getting the dual eye surgery (each eye is done differently, so one is good for long distances and one for reading, they learn to work together over a couple of days), but that wasn't available then.

    Well done on the weight loss, brilliant stuff.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, we KNOW this diet works! Well done again, you must be thrilled.

    Sooze xx

    ReplyDelete