Monday 25 June 2012

Phase 1 - round 2

Good morning Lovely Readers


Well, I am back and raring to go... this is it! Phase 1 - 2nd time around. Are you in? If I need to snack it will be on natural yoghurt, cherry tomatoes and cucumber sticks. Drinks: water and herbal teas.


My first goal is simply to get off the weight I gained in Canada. My weigh-in today revealed that I am 8lbs heavier than when I went so that's the goal - a SMART target. I use SMART targets on school and for anyone who hasn't come across them they are:
Specific
Measurable
Achievable
Relevant or Realistic 
Time-bound
The theory is that a goal must be realisable within a short, specific time frame to be achievable. In other words, if you have 5 stone to lose then do it in small steps. If you are paying off a mortgage then £500 is a good goal, not £200,000 straight away. De-cluttering a room or an area of a room is a manageable target; a whole house in one go probably isn't. The goal should be good for you. So, some people might feel able to clean a whole house in one go; others might need to tackle one drawer or shelf. A SMART target means that we are more likely to achieve because we see success. 


On my internet wandering I found the weight loss bar you can see at the side of the page. The great thing about this is that you don't have to display your weight if you don't want to. You can add BMI and waist measurements if you choose and there a lots of great designs to choose from.


If you want one, you can access it here:
http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php?type=3


Good Luck if you are starting or continuing with the diet .... see you later

Love Mrs Thrifty
xxx
Menu today:

Day 1
75g Oats with water (not milk) + natural yoghurt 
Tomato + herb omelette with a large side salad; natural live yoghurt 
Grilled trout with any amount of vegetables (not potatoes or mushrooms).

7 comments:

  1. Ooh....I'm just about to make myself an omelette too....great mnds think alike.

    I used to use SMART targets too when I managed shops I never even thought to use the principle for dieting, what a good idea.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Mrs T....good luck with the SMART goal!

    Sooze xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sooze - how are you? Are you still with it and are you blogging yet? Good to hear from you xx

      Delete
    2. I am very much with it (the diet, that is! lol) Mrs T...just into my 4th week now and have lost 12lbs, I'm really pleased. This diet is so good, I love everything about it - not just the weight loss, but sleeping better, more energy, less achey joints. And no hunger pangs or feelings of 'I've had enough of this dieting lark now'. Yes I'm blogging about it - it's a private blog though, by invitation only. If you can somehow let me have your email address, I'll gladly add you. Does sue15cat have your addy? If so, perhaps she could pass it on to me, or she can give you mine. Good to have you back, and very well done on the 4lbs loss already!!

      Sooze xx

      Delete
    3. Sooze that is incredible - you must be thrilled to bits, and it really gives you the incentive to carry on doesn't it! Well done you. my email is jessie153p(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk - I have heard that if you write it like that spammers can't get it lol xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks Mrs T. I've sent you an invite. xx

    ReplyDelete